Tuesday, May 6, 2014

The Insane and the Dead



Since I posted the image of myself with a blind fish on my head I've been wanting to revisit the idea.

I mean I knew it was on my head - but not 100% sure what its job was.

Now that I've had a chance to get another look at the image I can see that it appears on the heads of other people, too.

Who knew!


These three 'fools' think they are free.


But the blind fish, which cannot see or feel, is what keeps them bound to the conventions of their social group.  

It is born of fear.

Its job is to suck up truly creative thoughts, digest them and shit them out as something palatable to society (or their particular sub-culture in society).

Sometimes it seems the only people truly free to explore their creativity are the insane and the dead.



No comments: