Tuesday, January 1, 2013

A New Years Resolution


 
 
I was having lunch with a friend a few weeks ago and she told me that she thought there were fewer interesting letters to the editor in the newspaper these days because people who like to share their opinions are blogging.

I realized that she is right. 

I used to send letter s to the editor.

I've had letters published in the St. Catharines Standard, the Toronto Sun and the National Post. 

One of my letters even resulted in one anonymous irate phone call and one phone call from a fan who did identify himself.  Much to my embarrassment.

The power of the printed word, eh!!  Ha ha.

Anyway.

I guess my New Year's Resolution is to speak out more often about issues that I think are important.

And not just in blogs.

 

Here is my letter published in the Standard last night:
 

 

 It's a start.

 

Enhanced by Zemanta
Post a Comment