Tuesday, January 1, 2013

A New Years Resolution


 
 
I was having lunch with a friend a few weeks ago and she told me that she thought there were fewer interesting letters to the editor in the newspaper these days because people who like to share their opinions are blogging.

I realized that she is right. 

I used to send letter s to the editor.

I've had letters published in the St. Catharines Standard, the Toronto Sun and the National Post. 

One of my letters even resulted in one anonymous irate phone call and one phone call from a fan who did identify himself.  Much to my embarrassment.

The power of the printed word, eh!!  Ha ha.

Anyway.

I guess my New Year's Resolution is to speak out more often about issues that I think are important.

And not just in blogs.

 

Here is my letter published in the Standard last night:
 

 

 It's a start.

 

Enhanced by Zemanta

9 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Good for you, Francie! You tell 'em!

Happy New Year to you!

The Dancing Crone said...

Thanks, Debra. I intend to.

Jane said...

A very worthy (& achievable) resolution. We all need to speak up more.

That video was great. Native drumming and chanting is soothing.

Introverted Art said...

Wow Francie. Amazing!!!! And yes, keep them coming. Voice our opinion. The video is amazing as well. I ahve the utmost respect for our Native people and native people of all lands... their history and wisdom can be learned from.

Plowing Through Life (Martha) said...

You go, girl! Our country needs more voices - our world does, in fact - if we are to get anywhere.

Doug Jamieson said...

We should all be beating the war drums over this omnibus bill. Even the MP's who voted for it don't know what all's in it, let alone the rest of us, and the media seem to have a bad case of lockjaw.

momto8 said...

good for you!!! they never print mine...I stopped even writing...the newspapers are almost all liberal in the US and usually only print opinions that support their own viewpoint.

Magaly Guerrero said...

Your words are delicious and should always be shared. I'm glad they've been printed for all to read ;-)

Pandorah's Box said...

You are amazing! Always so well spoken and so bloody smart!

Keep this up! xoxo