Tuesday, May 28, 2013

The Rob Ford In Me, The Me in Rob Ford

Mayor Rob Ford on January 1, 2011, wearing the...
Mayor Rob Ford on January 1, 2011, wearing the chain of office. Toronto, Ontario, Canada. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
 
Do I have an inner Rob ford?
 
An isolated, cruel male personality that is so out of
touch with the feminine that he's lost his soul?  So addicted
to power, alcohol and perhaps drugs that he doesn't even
feel the monkey on his back?
 
I do have an inner Rob Ford.
 
There was a time in my life when alcohol was the demon
that possessed me.  Or the demon used my weakness for
alcohol to sicken my psyche.
 
It was a long time ago and healing involved hitting rock
bottom. 
 
And when there's nowhere else to go you either kill yourself
or you have a serious conversation with God.
 
I don't think Rob Ford has hit rock bottom yet.
And although his fall will be well documented I don't think
his redemption will be
 

because he doesn't look as if he'll live long enough to discover
his inner Francie.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: