Saturday, June 30, 2012

Happy B-day, Canada

Canada Day Fireworks
Canada Day Fireworks (Photo credit: Bruce Guenter)




























Well Happy Canada Day all you Canuckians out there.

(I refuse to use the term 'Canuckleheads'.  I do have a few standards.)



And everyone else, well, it's our b-day this week-end.

We're 145, if I am not mistaken.



And we look pretty darn good for 145, I think.

So I'm going to be out and about celebrating with everyone else.



Remember I told you I had standards?



Just kidding. 



I bought a headband with flashing maple leaf bobbles to wear all week-end.


Flynn the dog is totally embarrassed and refuses to be seen with me.

Like people don't know she was born in Bancroft, Ontario, eh?



Secnarf is in Ottawa.

The Liberals are putting pressure on her to enter the leadership race and for

some reason she JUST had to talk to Justin Trudeau about it.



Butterbrains and Smarty Pants pestered me until I drew them a car

and a canoe and they've gone up to Algonquin Park.



So my dear friends I'm going to be taking a break of sorts too.


I have some other projects I want to work on,

and I've also decided to increase my volunteer hours in the community.  


I'll still be blogging at a North End Journal, just not as often.
 



Now I have to figure out where Flynn hid the batteries
so I can get my maple leafs flashing...



Happy Canada Day, Everybody!

Enhanced by Zemanta

10 comments:

CorvusCorax12 said...

so i know that bright flashing light i will be seeing here in NB is YOU !!
Have a good one...OH and i would SO vote for Secnarf :D, have to stop watching and reading the news until the next election, don't think my blood-pressure can handle it :S

The Dancing Crone said...

Have a good one yourself and Secnarf wants to know if you'll take a lawn sign.

Jane said...

I'm going to miss your regular posts, but volunteering is a very worthy use of your spare time. Would love to see a pic of you in that headband, lol!! If only I could jump in the canoe with Butterbrains and Smarty Pants - sounds like fun :) Have a good one fellow Canuckian!

The Dancing Crone said...

You too, Jane! Enjoy your long week-end!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Glad to hear all your blog characters are having a good Canada Day long weekend! I'll miss your regular posts but it will make me appreciate your occasional posts even more!

The Dancing Crone said...

Ah thanks, Debra. Have a great Canada Day!

Plowing Through Life (Martha) said...

You must post a photo of you wearing that headband. I bet it looks great on you. Looks like your whole gang over there is enjoying the holiday weekend. Happy Canada Day, Francie! I'm so happy and proud to know Canuckians as special as you. Enjoy!

Victoria said...

Yay Happy Canada Day..wishing you a fabulous wkd..and thanks for another wonderful post!
Victoria

Anonymous said...

A very Happy Canada Day to you. Keep on flashing!

Introverted Art said...

Happy happy birthday canada :)