Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Honk if You Still Love Quebec

Canadian Flag
Canadian Flag (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

They are at it again.

Yes the Parti Quebecois no sooner took power than they got rid of the Canadian flag in their legislature.

(Where it oughta stayed.)

 

I've blogged about this before and I haven't changed my mind.

I can't see why, in our wireless, computerized world, it would matter if Quebec goes or stays.

 

Figuratively speaking. 

Literally they aren't going anyplace.

 

Suppose ten years down the line, they have another referendum, as they are promising that they will, and that time, the unthinkable happens.

 

What are we going to do?

Send in the army?

Put tanks on the streets of Montreal?
 
I can't imagine anyone wanting that.
 

 

We need to get over our hurt feelings. 

If they decide to go, so be it.

And, my sorrowful, somewhat bitter friends,
that means making sure that they are financially able to manage independence. 


Jeesh.


I wish I cared more.





***
Enhanced by Zemanta
Post a Comment