Friday, June 28, 2013

Sisters Under Sail

Flynn and I were up early this morning. 
 
We knew the tall ships had arrived early in St. Catharines and we
 
wanted to get to Port Dalhousie before the crowds.
 
 

As we parked the spy car in the Royal Canadian Legion parking
 
lot we got our first glimpse of the ships.





The crews were already getting ready for the day.







Here are a few crew members of The Unicorn
 
out of Bridgeport, Connecticut, USA. 


They are here as a part of the War of 1812
 
celebrations of 200 years of peace
 
with our American neighbo(u)rs.







We stopped to talk to some of them.
 
I was a bit shocked to realize I was talking to the captain who is my size.
 
I guess I thought sea faring captains would be
 
like maybe 8 feet tall, weigh 300 pounds and have tattoos.
 
 






I swear if the captain had been wearing the big pirate hat like I told her
 
she should wear I would have ripped it off her head and taken command
 
of the ship right then and there!
 



 
Every woman should have the chance to sail the seven seas!
 
Regardless of her age and decrepitness!! 
 
 
(I can hear you all cheering in agreement)
 
 
 
 
Anyway, as of the mo, until I get
 
this little age thing sorted out
 
I'm not qualified
 
but if you know anyone Canadian or American
 
who is qualified here's the info:
 
 




And send me a post card, will ya?

sigh





***

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: