Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Authentic Old White Woman



There are a lot of evil-looking, bloated things floating to the surface during this election campaign.


Much of it alarms me and for what it is worth I do find myself making outraged tweets and posting blogs every few days.



But on twitter I usually feel a lot like my family's late, much loved, old beagle.


Banjo liked to think he was in the thick of things.

If bigger, younger dogs were roughhousing, he would bark and run along beside them pretending to himself that he was part of the action.



I post the same things I say on twitter to face book, but I have a completely different feeling about it, mainly because on fb more people read my blogs.

Worse still, people I know read my blogs.

The result is that while I feel like a non-player on twitter, on face book I feel like a political zealot, a crazed Louis Riel raving away at the Federal government issuing fatwahs every second day and I always suspect that people think that I have gone over the edge.



I worry about that.

A lot.

Probably more than I should.



This morning I read Geezeronline's blog about being authentic.

http://geezeronline.blogspot.com/



Heaven knows most women spend their lives trying to please other people - unless they are as rich as Oprah or on anti-depressants in which case they don't give a flying fig about anything.

(Speaking from past experience.)



I guess a benefit of being an old white woman with no addictions at present other than blogging, is that I can be authentic, (online anyway), and say what I really think.



If I could just get rid of my guilt for daring to say it ...
Enhanced by Zemanta

5 comments:

Doug Jamieson said...

You would know best, but I think you are incurably authentic.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

My unsolicited free advice would be: Keep on with your political FB posts and tweets -- just throw some other, lighter, non-political ones in there too in order to make it clear that you're not just a "one note bell."

The Dancing Crone said...

It's funny, I'm not even sure what I'm struggling with here, my never ending guilt about everything and anything or my most recent obsession/addiction: blogging.

Barb said...

francie, francie ... sigh .... you are very authentic! ... believing in what you blog ... blogging is good for you ... for you are an artistic person and need an outlet for the creative you ... keep blogging ... and never feel the need to apologize to anyone for your beliefs and opinions ... how boring would that be if we all thought and believed in the same things ...
~ i find that as some, not all, of us ages it is easier to hear and see the hypocrisy and discrepancies of what people say and do ... and i always have this uncontrollable urge to point this out to anyone within hearing distance but not to write about it
~ remember too, that during this election they are courting us, the old geezer vote ... so our opinion has to count for something ... you old geezer you
~ further more, you are not a zealot! ... you ain't heard me rant! ... sorry, i don't have the gift of the 'bog' ... what i think you do is say what a lot of us are really thinking ... you have the courage to do what the majority of us won't do ... so no guilt allowed ...
~ AND ... you AIN"T old ... 90 is old ... mind you, you ARE older than me ...

The Dancing Crone said...

You are the absolute best Barb - even at such a tender age!