Saturday, September 18, 2010

Pumpkin & Chocolate, Together At Last



I don't just like pumpkins. I love pumpkins!
I love big pumpkins, small pumpkins, even the new white pumpkins!

If pumpkins were Liberals I would vote for Dalton McGinty that's how agreeable I find them. Fortunately for me pumpkins don't do politics.











What pumpkins do is feed people.

This is a recipe I got from my fearless friend, Elaine, who lives in Whitehorse, Yukon.

I say fearless because she once came to my house and killed ten bizzillion hornets with a rolled up newspaper. You have to respect a recipe from a woman like that.

Besides, this recipe combines pumpkin and chocolate. 
How sexy is that?














Elaine's Harvest Loaf


Step 1

Combine in the order given:

1/2 cup butter or margarine
1 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips


Step 2

Combine these items separately and stir well:

1 & 3/4 cup flour
1 tsp soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp nutmeg


Step 3

Combine steps 1 and 2 and then add 3/4 cup of canned pumpkin


Step 4

Bake at 350 for 1 & 1/2 hours




Step 5

This step is the most important part of the recipe. 
Do not omit it!


Add:
 one hour for yourself,
one dog
 one cup of tea
and whatever thriller you are reading at the moment.

Great recipe, eh?










Post a Comment