Saturday, September 18, 2010

Pumpkin & Chocolate, Together At Last



I don't just like pumpkins. I love pumpkins!
I love big pumpkins, small pumpkins, even the new white pumpkins!

If pumpkins were Liberals I would vote for Dalton McGinty that's how agreeable I find them. Fortunately for me pumpkins don't do politics.











What pumpkins do is feed people.

This is a recipe I got from my fearless friend, Elaine, who lives in Whitehorse, Yukon.

I say fearless because she once came to my house and killed ten bizzillion hornets with a rolled up newspaper. You have to respect a recipe from a woman like that.

Besides, this recipe combines pumpkin and chocolate. 
How sexy is that?














Elaine's Harvest Loaf


Step 1

Combine in the order given:

1/2 cup butter or margarine
1 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips


Step 2

Combine these items separately and stir well:

1 & 3/4 cup flour
1 tsp soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp nutmeg


Step 3

Combine steps 1 and 2 and then add 3/4 cup of canned pumpkin


Step 4

Bake at 350 for 1 & 1/2 hours




Step 5

This step is the most important part of the recipe. 
Do not omit it!


Add:
 one hour for yourself,
one dog
 one cup of tea
and whatever thriller you are reading at the moment.

Great recipe, eh?










2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am not a baker, however, my daughter is. I am going to pass this on to her. It looks and sounds delicious. Thanks for sharing Elaine's Harvest Loaf.

The Dancing Crone said...

You are so welcome KK. Good to hear from you again!