Monday, September 27, 2010

But What Did We Do With the Baby?

This is one last look at my September blogs - with a secret Yukon recipe at the end and it isn't for boiled moose nose.  For that you will have to wait.

Read carefully, your name might be here!


The Union House

Hurray! The locals will be able to go in and buy a beer again. It's being turned into a pizza joint.

Thanks for the info, Kim!



Deconstructing Brian

This was a rant about opinionated journalists. Bloggers are the Internet free spirits - we're allowed to have opinions, (unless you blog in Saudi Arabia).

Journalists are only allowed to have opinions if I agree with them.



You Who? Me Velda

I sure have a lot of relatives. I now have the names and e-mail addresses of 902 people who share my DNA.

This could get out of hand...



Love Story North of Sixty

Best comment went to Lynne M who said she would have had her way with him before she ditched him.

Maybe I left out parts of the story, Lynne.

:D



Grave Faces II

This is the second in a series.



Ghosts Among the Grapes

This one ran in mypelham.com but nobody from Henry of Pelham sent over a free case of wine.



Get Your Burka Ready, Girls

I asked how Iran could possibly be a part of the UN's Commission on the Status of Women (they who are threatening to stone Ashtiani) and was horrified to learn from Doug Jamieson, (aka Geezeronline) that Crazyman Gadhaffi, (remember Lockerbie, Scotland?) was elected to chair the UN's Commission on Human Rights.

Very disturbing.



Big Bad Facebook

Ha ha. After weeks of agonizing over how to stop facebook from posting my blog to my wall instead of letting people use my URL, I finally thought to ask google. In two seconds I had the information I needed.



Pumpkin and Chocolate - Together at last

I was surprised at how many pumpkin and chocolate recipes there are out there. Not that anyone sent me any but they talked about them and how yummy they are. If anyone wants to send me a recipe I will post it.

I'm looking at you Chris and Barb.



Gun Down

It was a squeaker but the registry stays.

For now.

 I doubt if this fight is over.



Down and Out in the Superstore

I am driving and walking much slower after my fall. I also notice the Superstore has moved their displays away from the door and careening customers.



Let the Dead Bury the Dead, Let the Living Play Cricket

I'm so tired of this Liberal government.


*


Now just because you have read this far,  I'm passing along a special treat. It is a recipe I found in my old files.  It is from a Yukon baby shower I attended. It has the exciting name of "Punch".

Yukon women aren't big on adjectives.

It was a great shower though!

I just can't remember what we did with the baby!



Punch

1 cup orange juice
1/2 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup sugar
1 bottle of champagne
1 bottle sparkling white wine
1/2 cup of cointreau
pineapple - crushed and chunks
strawberries
ice

*
Now I'm going to catch up on some reading.

See you on Saturday morning!

No comments: