Friday, September 17, 2010

Bad Bad Facebook

 

Roman PolanskiImage via Wikipedia




There is something creepy about The-Entity-That-Is-Facebook.

Recently it snuck into my blog site, grabbed my blog and posted it to my wall before I even decided I was going to post to fb. Okay, I always post to fb, but that doesn't matter.

Computer programmes shouldn't be wandering around the internet thinking things like, "Oh there's another blog by Francie. Won't she be surprised when she wakes up!"

I was surprised. Horribly.

And spooked.


It seems that every few months The-Entity-That-Is-Facebook has taken another liberty.

It's like being on a date with Roman Polanski when you are only 13.


So, keeping Erma Bombeck's advice in mind, i.e., "If you can't be a good example, be a terrible warning." (Thanks, Barb), I decided to take matters into my own hands and walk where no sixty-year old, female non-geek has walked.

Yes folks, I went into the blogsite toolbox.

Alone.

I fiddled with more things that I didn't understand than Dalton McGinty does just before an election.

So either The-Entity-That-Is-Facebook, will start respecting me and my link or the whole blog site will come crashing around my ears and I will have to pay some grade eight kid to come and fix everything for me.

Jeesh.

I hate being the terrible warning.










Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: