Thursday, March 8, 2012

Rising Above




I'm adjusting to life in the city.


There are some perks.



For example,




North Pelham had a feed mill for animals


whereas the city offers a variety


of feed mills for humans.




One such establishment is the


 


Rise Above Bakery & Catering




which is also a vegan restaurant


in downtown St. Catharines.










I was quite impressed by the local artwork on display.


The picture of a  rifle bearing hunter

in a vegan restaurant really got my attention. 








And the food was great.


Potato, beet salad.


Very yum.





The chili was excellent.



I didn't think I'd be able to finish it but


holy cow





oops, I mean






holy red kidney beans


I gobbled it all up in no time!








These men were kind enough to let me take their picture

  but they wouldn't share their soup and sandwiches .


Just goes to show you how cold the concrete jungle can be, eh?








But most vegans just want to have fun.

 
And a lot of their fun seems to centre around dessert.






I had part of a raspberry something.


Totally Orgasmic!













This young waiter is trying to get me interested in the freshly baked bread.


(Like I'm thinking bread when I can see the dessert counter.)







Lunch was less than $10

and it was tasty and filling without being heavy .





So if you live in Niagara


or are just passing through


grab a bite at the



Rise Above Bakery and Catering


120 St. Paul St., St. Catharines, Ont.


289-362-2636.



Tell them Francie sent you. 



They'll wonder who the hell Francie is

but you won't be sorry you stopped in.  



Post a Comment