Friday, July 15, 2011

Sweet Rudy



This is Rudy.

He lives next door.

When his master was dying of cancer last year, 

Rudy stayed on his bed constantly during the last few difficult weeks,

so protective he even growled at the nurse.


He's just that kind of a guy.



He's staying with me this week because his mistress is away.







My neighbour gave Rudy one of her husband's sweaters to lie on

because he seemed very depressed after the death.


She said it really helped.



This is Rudy today, running towards me when I call his name.


I love this valiant little dog.








Today Flynn and I are taking him to the stinky horse barn.


Then after supper maybe we'll go to the North Pelham

ball park and sniff around the garbage cans.


I ask you,

could life possibly get any better than that?




2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

He's adorable! Enjoy the horse shit and garbage, Rudy!

The Dancing Crone said...

Thanks, Debra, I think he will!